Saturday, November 27, 2010

PRS FTX Interview with Nate Brown

I didn't manage to accumulate my usual Field Trip videos at FTX, but the one interview I did capture was Nate Brown, or rather Nathan R. Brown. Nate is a writer based in North Texas. His works include: The Complete Idiot's guide to: World Mythology, Werewolves, The Paranormal, and Zombies. He also penned The Rape of Lillith, Dead Come Home, and World Religion at your Fingertips. Apparently his new work, The Mythology of the Supernatural, will be release late summer 2011.

While I know the above description sounds much like what you would read on Wikipedia, that's what it was meant to sound like, to give you a little of Nate's accomplishments. What that description didn't tell you was what a pleasure Nate was to meet, and how entertaining his lecture was. I have never been so entertained while learning about a subject I didn't realize I had an interest in. I was quite saddened, at the end, that my video camera was charging through this particular lecture.

Field Trip X was Nathan's first Field Trip with PRS, and I would not be surprised to see him as a guest at many more to come. In fact, Pat (Book Club Secretary) was extremely happy to have had the opportunity to meet Nate, discuss his book The Rape of Lilith, and just plain pick his brain on so many topics. She had many wonderful things to say about him, as did many other Field Tripper's. I myself was very happy that I managed to get Nate to agree to this video interview.

Thanks again Nate, it was great to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment