Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A little stumped

Wow, today is the first time in a while that I am actually stumped as to what to post about. I could post about how annoying it is to be working reception where the computer runs slower than an old dot matrix printer. I could post about how I am going to be getting up at 4:30am on a Saturday to go to work. I could post about those things, but that just seems like I would be complaining. Okay, I know yesterday's post was a little like complaining, but at least there was a focus there. I think that is what this post is actually going to be about. Focus or lack there of.

I realize lately that I am a little unfocused. I don't really think this unfocus centers on any one area in particular, but is more of a whole. I have become a little unfocused when it comes to my writing, which incidentally is driving me mad since I am so close to finishing Ally's Story. I have been having some issues finishing a book, which is highly unusual for me, and I've been a little unfocused when it comes to many other areas in my daily life.

I think this is due to overworking. Listen, I love my job, I really do. I have no problem putting in 10 hour days or working the occasional Saturday. I think the problem is that I have been working for...26 days straight. I think that they lack of focus is my minds way of telling me that I need to unplug from work and recharge. It's not just my full time job, I was working weekends the last 3 weeks running a parking lot for fund raising and the occasional shift at the Ticket place. I think I just need to step back, and breath.

That's what I plan to do next weekend, not this weekend because...surprise, I have to work on Saturday lol. I think next weekend I will make no plans. I will spend the day curled up with the book I can't seem to find the time to read, and just relax. Maybe a walk, or some shopping, or...wait, there I go again. Just nothing. No plans.

I will do my best to keep true to this...next weekend.:( *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment