Wednesday, May 13, 2020

...

I'm starting to find that this quarantine is weighing on me. Not only does it make me feel a little less like me as it goes on and on, but it has affected my writing.

I was well on the way to having a novel I really liked, was very proud of, and couldn't wait to finish. I was "in love" with my characters, as most writers are. I ate, slept and breathed them...now, I barely feel like I can reach them. I found them when I was at one of the lowest times I've known in so long. Their story brought me out of my life, and in a sense made me think 'everything will be okay',  because they were a constant.

Recently, within the last 3 weeks or so, I have such a hard time reaching them...I've never felt so disconnected from anyone in my entire life, which is almost terrifying considering I created them. These people, they live in my head...and right now it feels like they've moved, or (hopefully) just gone on an extended vacation.

In the 5 months I've been writing their story, I was so engrossed, in who they were, their story...now a part of me feels a little lost. I'm hoping that as the lock down ends, so shall my writers block. I've begun writing the same story, from the opposite point of view, as well as writing prompts. i truly can't wait to finish these stories and see the characters to the end of their journey's.

No comments:

Post a Comment