Monday, May 4, 2020

Wow, how time flies...and stays the same. The ex I mentioned in my last post, he just had a baby with the same friend, that I again found out about through facebook lol.

I guess this post is about evolution...and the lack there of. It has been so many years since I was in a relationship. I spent years, working on me, trying to heal. Trying to move past all the residual abuse and hurt I suffered in my past relationships before I stepped into a new one. I finally felt 'ready' for as much as that word actually exists. No one who has ever been in any kind of abusive relationship feels ready, ever.

I finally met someone, and I genuinely want to make this relationship work. I feel something I haven't felt in years, hope. Sadly, I often think I'm a little broken. I keep trying to explain why I'm so overly apologetic and unsure of everything, and every time I do, I feel a little sadder that someone has to deal with my lingering issues...

No comments:

Post a Comment