Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Another crazy day and the lack of juice

Wow, it seems like with the heat wave hitting the city it's hyped up my work load as well. I've been really busy the last little while, so much so that by the time I get home from work, I'm too tired to do much more than sit on the couch and watch TV. Sadly, I've tried to read when I get home, but I'm so tired that the words are forgotten almost as quickly as I read them, a great tragedy for me. I'm hoping this ends soon.

Due to the exhaustion I've been feeling, my creative juices are just not flowing as much as I like. I've been having a hard time with Ally's Story for the last week, which isn't helping the juices flow any better. If I don't get the rhythm back in the next day or two, I may try an exercise I learned in a writing class last year: select a picture (something without any ties to you) and write a one page story/description about it. It sounds odd, but the less evidently happening in the picture, the more you have to work to come up with something. I found it very beneficial in the past.

Maybe if I do this, I will post the results here for opinions and comments, and don't worry I'll include the photo. Hopefully it doesn't come to that though

No comments:

Post a Comment