Saturday, July 10, 2010

A holiday to remember (writing project)

Pic supplied by Borisimo_66


As I looked out the window at the dismal, dreary day and watched the raindrops pound the street with anger, I sighed with dismay. It had been raining non stop for two weeks. I walked over to the nearby bookcase and retieved the sunshine yellow photo album and moved to curl up on the window seat. I adjusted the pillow behind me and leaned back, resting my head against the wall.

I flipped open the cover and began to go through the photos one by one. The airport as we arrived, the rental car by sister had used to drive us around the city, the hotel as we arrived and the boardwalk. Next came the pictures of Cassie and I on the beach, playing in the surf, and visiting some of the sites. Finally I came to the block of photos I was looking for.

The photo I had taken as the sun was setting over the ocean from the patio of our cabanna. Everytime I looked at it, I couldn't help but be reminded of the warmth of the June evening, the sweet smell of the breeze and feeling of relaxation that eminated from all around us. This picture always seemed to be where my photo album should start, because moments after it was taken, my life changed for the better.

The next picture was of Thackary, smiling warmly at me through the camera lens. I had met Thackary after I took the beach photo. I walked along the poolside, with the beach as my final destination. Just as I stepped off the concrete and into the sand, I lost my footing and began to fall. As I braced myself for the connection with the sand, I felt a set of hands grasp my arms and steady me. When I turned back to see who it was, I was staring into blue eyes as clear as the ocean itself. His sandy blond hair was wavy and slightly shaggy, making me picture him as a surfer. His smile was mesmorizing.

The rest of the album with filled with pictures of Thackary and I at all sorts of tourist attractions, like DisneyWorld and Bush Gardens. We spent the remainder of my week long trip together, and when the time came to say goodbye, we exchanged our information and began an intense long distance relationship.

"Chris? What are you doing honey?" came a voice from the doorway.

I turned and my gaze fell upon my husband, leaning against the side of the door, his smile just as mesmorizing as always. I smiled back, rose from the seat and placed the album back on the shelf, next to our Wedding album. I crossed the room and wound my arms around his waist as I leaned up to kiss him lovingly.

"I was just remembering the day we met." I replied, seeing the beach front photo again in my mind as he chuckled.

"Ah yes, the day that you fell for me, literally."

No comments:

Post a Comment