Sunday, July 11, 2010

The birthday cake to top all cakes

Pic supplied by Paraproff


"Happy  Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Jason, Happy Birthday to you." The group of voices sang in unison.

My brother Jason was celebrating his 25th birthday. Jason was born on Halloween, so from the age of 14 onwards he begged to have Halloween themed birthday cakes. Every year, my mother and I would get together and try to make him a more and more intricate cake to surprise Jason with. After last year's birthday, I decided to take a cake making class to make something fantastic for his 25th birthday.

I began making all the characters and trees, out of marshmallows while the actual cake baked away in the oven.  After adding the icing, I placed the marshmallow characters on top carefully. 4 hours after I began , the cake was finished. With the family gathered around, we serenaded Jason and presented him with this years creation.

"Thanks Janet," He began with a chuckle, "you have really outdone yourself this year." He said as plucked the skeleton from the tree and began to chew.

*Okay, not the best one I've come up with, but cut me a break guys, I'm blocked and this was a tough pic. Good job Paraproff, I had to think all day, and still had a hard time with this one.*

1 comment:

  1. If you wanna know what the pic was really about look up "Strange Fruit" by Billie Holiday

    ReplyDelete