Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A long day...with another one tomorrow

Wow, I realized today that I may not be getting old, but I am getting older. It's a fact. I used to be able to work 2 jobs, one from 9 to 5 then the second from 7 to 10, then go out to the bar and not get home until 1am and go to work the next day for 9am. Now I realize that I just don't have that same stamina I had in my younger days.

I've been picking up extra shifts, at a TicketMaster box office, to supplement the money I spent on FT9 and the other things that go along with it. Today I worked my normal job, from 9:15 till 4:15 (I have enough overtime to cover the short hour) then started working the Bon Jovi concert from 4 till 9:30. Now that I am home from work, I am just exhausted.

I wonder, is it the excitement of being younger that gets us through the crazy things we put our bodies through? With the prospect of working the same shifts and staying for the concert tomorrow, I'm hoping to find a little of that young excitement inside me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment