Thursday, July 1, 2010

An evening out

Well, yesterday I skipped my usual late night blog post in favour of an evening out. I met up with a friend and my younger sister to see Eclipse on opening night. This has become a tradition. My friend and I go to dinner, catch up and then see the first screening. As excited as I am for the release of each movie, I love that we have that time by ourselves to catch up.

Over dinner, I told my friend about the Field Trip. She was curious about how exactly the experience changed me. I tried to explain it, but I still don't think I managed to put it into the right words. I think I'm going to send her the link, and let her see it for herself. All in all, she found the tale of my trip interesting and exciting. I think by the time we were finished, she may have seen a glimpse of the new found acceptance I've discovered within myself.

The movie was amazing. I don't want to say much, I really hate people who let spoilers slip, but I was very impressed with the vision that David Slade delivered. I was worried that his vision would be very much like 30 days of night, but he captured all the things that I wanted to see, with exactly the right tone. I definitely recommend it.

All in all, an enjoyable evening out.

No comments:

Post a Comment