Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Captain's Log - 11:44am Monday June 7th, 2010 - A little recap, and the things to come


Well, last night was...amazing. I took part in a boat tour which was fantastic. I really didn't want to leave the water, but there was so much else lined up. I took part in dead time at 1:30am with Father Bob Bailey. it was interesting. I felt something playing with the ends of my hair, nice and gently.  It was soothing and in no way frightening.
Being here has just reaffirmed my need to go back to school again. I feel like I still have so much to absorb and I realize that I'm at the place in my life where I can do that and really appreciate it for the gift that knowledge is. If this weekend is any indication, my need to write is based on feeling serene and at peace. I will just have to find a way to do that, on a regular basis.
I am so excited for today. The day is jam packed with lectures and discussions. I feel like there is so much I can learn today. I already have a list of things to research when I am back among the world of the internets. I haven't had a chance, or to be honest, the confidence to talk with Michelle or Ryan about writing yet, and I don't know that I will. They are always so busy, that I hate to impose on the very few moments that they manage to get to themselves. to be honest, I almost don't feel worthy of their time, they are both published and I've just written 3 books that nay never go anywhere else but in my bookcase. The rejection of having something I poured myself into, rejected by someone terrifies me. Their advice and input would be like a dream come true.
Well, off to the lectures, I simply can't wait to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment