Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Captain's Log - 5:33pm Sunday June 6th, 2010 - Dinner break

Well, I arrived in Meadville and Rachel and Angie met me there to head back to the Welcome Party at the hotel Beach Club. We got lost along the way a few times, but it was fun to laugh at the GPS voice as we did. The Welcome Party was...well, nerve wracking. I was overwhelmed. As I was registering, Nicole came up and introduced herself, then immediately after Mercy did the same. There were so many people to say hello to, to talk to and just plain around, that I just felt so nervous.
I found Tania, thinking I would stay close to her until I got my bearings, only to find myself right next to Chad and Ryan, which just made me worse. I really wanted to introduce myself, but I was just too scared. I never handle social situations well, and that many new people really threw me for a loop. I had a nice relaxed atmosphere to talk with Ryan about writing, and I just couldn't do it. Unless I can't find a way to get past it, I doubt it will happen.
The scenery here, wow, I don't have the words to describe it, and words are my thing. It's surreal. I find it hard to believe that something this colourful, vibrant, and peaceful really exists. I've been struck by my creative flow since my travels began, and I haven't been able to stop writing, With surroundings like this, I don't foresee the inspiration dulling at all. I feel a little disconnected though, even with the friends I have connected with. Everyone is so excited about the paranormal adventure we are beginning, and I stop my mind from spitting huge chunks of Ally's story at me. How horrible to be among all my friends and yet still feel so...isolated because I can't drag myself out of my head. I may have to come outside tonight and write my heart out. There is just so much potential here. I just have to find the balance.
There is a Thought Forms panel soon, our first one. I'm excited at all the knowledge to acquire this weekend. Off I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment