Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The day Toronto didn't stand still...

Well, today was an exciting day all around. Not only was today Joss Whedon's birthday, the King of Buffy, Angel, Firefly and Dollhouse, but it was the first time I ever experienced an earthquake. Of the two, I must say I prefer to party with my Browncoat buddies than go through another quake.

I was sitting at reception, watching Paranormal State (I know, the timing) and telling a co worker about the next Field Trip when the phone rang. I answered and I felt my chair begin to move. I really thought it was my co worker teasing me and making fun of the fact that I don't scare easily, but when I turned to give him crap after getting off the phone, he wasn't there and the chair still shook. At this point I thought maybe, just maybe, the episode was wigging me out a little, until another co worker called to ask if I had felt anything.

I realized that it was an earthquake, and Twittered immediately as I have never been through one. My friends responded kindly with messages asking if I was okay. Man, I love these guys! After assuring everyone I was fine and reiterating the event, I sat back to revel in the enormity of it. I experienced an earthquake! In Toronto! I never expected to be able to say that.

Wow, Mother Nature must have a slight case of PMS with the mood swings she is raging over the world. Lady, try some Midol, it may help save the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment