Thursday, June 17, 2010

A day full of trivial trials

An interesting day. There was disruption in the forums and more issues with the work computer, and PITV seemed to be a no show. A day full of tiny trials.

Someone decided to cause some trouble in the forums, attacking the table tipping exercise that took place at FT8. He spouted a whole bunch of terms and sources to make it seem he was disproving the exercise, which was annoying enough, but he began to insinuate that everyone was liars, frauds and such. He managed to get under my skin, and I found myself replying to the thread. At one point I got pretty angry and responded yet again. Finally, I just gave up and let it go, I had my hands full.

My work computer is still not fixed. This morning they attempted to uninstall Adobe and reinstall that to correct the problem. This, of course, did not work. So finally at 2pm, they decide to reformat a new machine for me. I should have a working computer tomorrow. All day I just worked with the Internet as much as possible, which meant not very much work at all.

Finally, after going to the book store for the new PRS Book Club selection, Spook by Mary Roach, I made it home in time for PITV. We were all gathered in the chat room waiting for the taped feed to begin, only to find that there was nothing. While we understand that PRS is on it's first case for the new season, many were very disappointed, myself included. No fix for me tonight.

Here is hoping for a FT9 announcement before the end of the week, and the return of PITV next week. Also, fingers crossed for the working computer unit tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment