Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Captain's Log, Sunday June 6th, 5:45am - A Journey Commencing

And so the trek begins. Sadly the bus station is just opening, and everything around me is closed. No coffee shops, no snack bars absolutely nothing. It seems Torontonians do not like to do much before 6am. At this moment, as I look out at the dismal and dark sky, I am truly thankful for the 5 mouthfuls of coffee that I managed to gulp down before I ran out the door.
I know that I will most likely sleep on the bus, but right now, the excitement is keeping me going. I really can't wait to make it to Pennsylvania and see everyone. Every time I vacation, I have a tendency to get caught up in my writing, and I'm looking forward to that as well. "Ally's Story", as I've tentatively titled it, could benefit from the creative vacation juices.
According to the Parapeeps Twitter updates, the hotel is, to put it delicately, a little rustic, but I'm still tingling with anticipation. As long as there is an outlet for my laptop so I can charge it when I write up a storm, I'll be a happy field tripper.
It's weird to watch the bus station come to life. It's almost as if someone flipped a switch and instead of light, life turned on, I kid you not. The dark empty building was suddenly bright and filled with people. Some who had arrived at their destination, some merely making a stop, but all weary and eager to get on their way, just like me.
Th 6am bus to Buffalo is loading, and soon, it will be my turn. Soon, my adventure will begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment